Curbside Cantina

We featured these guys at the Foodgasm Fest last year and they recently divulged that they are experimenting with locations this year (*applause!*).

As a food truck, whilst it is convenient that you can operate from almost anywhere, it is imperative that you do so consistently so that the fans can convene and gorge themselves on your goodies. This time round, I caught them at TTDI, just around the corner from Pizza Hut, before the wet market.

I was there at about 6 p.m. and they were already out of churros & chocolate! Nevertheless, I ordered both the chicken quesa-tacos and the beef tacos.

The people operating the truck (I assume are the owners) were so enthusiastic about their food! They were even exclaiming how fantastic-looking the beef strips were looking that day. If that isn't passion, I don't know what is.

While waiting, I saw a couple enjoying their tacos and boy, did they order a lot! There were about 8-10 containers about and they seemed so delighted with the food, that they made my tummy rumble in anticipation.

After about 5-8 minutes, my food was ready. I tiptoed (high truck and short person problems!) and welcomed the containers into my open arms.



Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this was amazeballs. Sorry, bad English but really. I didn't care much for the crisps on the side, a bit like pappadum. But the tacos...man. Piping hot meat with cheese and onions and just enough carbs to fit into your mouth. And that hot salsa sauce! Arrrrriiiiiba!!

If there was any gripe with Curbside Cantina, it would be two:
a) they have been having some issues with the truck or kitchen lately, so they had to cancel. Pretty disappointing especially if you have your stomach and napkin all ready to attack.
b) they only sell one or two kinds of drinks (usually coconut water and iced tea) and at RM 3-4.50 a cup, it could be a little pricey if you are thirsty.

Nevertheless, onward to the chase! Follow them on their Instagram account to get the latest updates on their menu & location.

Curbside Cantina

Instagram
@curbsidecantina

Email

No comments:

Post a Comment